Thursday, June 12, 2014

Here are some of my thoughts on prophesy, or rather prophesying.


There is the possibility that I am posting this because I need social interaction that I am able to release my thoughts on this subject in. I write because my thoughts are more organized this way and I wont know if you just stop reading in the middle. ( hence why I am a writer and not a preacher)


Prophets are weird, they come in different types that hear in various ways ( Hebrews 1:1) but they are different. Possibly because of the way in which they hear from God

( Hear now My words:
If there is a prophet among you,
I, the Lord, shall make Myself known to him in a vision.
I shall speak with him in a dream.
“Not so, with My servant Moses,
He is faithful in all My household;
With him I speak mouth to mouth,
Even openly, and not in dark sayings,
And he beholds the form of the Lord.
Why then were you not afraid
To speak against My servant, against Moses?”

Numbers 12:7-8)

So Moses was the only prophet that God spoke plainly to, the rest it was in dark sayings, dreams and visions, and parable. So being a prophet is well...weird. However it is a guarntee that what you see from God , or speak from words just coming forth, that it is the revealed plan of God.

(“For the Lord God does nothing
without revealing his secret
to his servants the prophets.
The lion has roared;
who will not fear?
The Lord God has spoken;
who can but prophesy?

Amos 3:7-8)

So we see that we have God's word that He will not act without first revealing it to the prophets, my personal thoughts on this are that any can hear what is spoken, in the same way that a lion's roar will bring fear to all, God's speaking can be heard. That does not mean it is understood.

(“Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had
thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. John 12:27-30)

The entire crowd heard, but there wasn't even an agreement among them as to what had happened. There are however ways to hone how you hear from God. Spend time among prophets, either people
you know that prophesy or reading the prophets, and most importantly seeking God on how. One of my other thoughts is that it's not just the church that is hearing the voice of prophesy, it is all with ears to hear; saved or unsaved. In Joel 2 and Acts 2 it says that God will pour out His spirit on all flesh, your sons and daughters shall prophesy, it doesn't say to all who are saved. But back to hearing, and spending time with the prophets. In 1 Samuel 10 King Saul ends up among the company of the prophets, where he begins to prophesy, so strongly that a parable goes throughout the land " is Saul also among the prophets?" When I am operation under prophetic unction, and get a word, usually my wording in ways resembles Isaiah, that is where I spend much of my time in scripture. However there have been visions and encounters that I don't know how to put into words, or what I can say on them doesn't mean anything to people other than me. ( once again being a prophet is weird )


I have more I can say on prophetic acts, how I think the outpouring on all flesh is seen through media, how prophesy and intercession should go hand in hand, how the Exodus story is in play today, how prophesy is not for the purpose of destruction but to build up (anyone can see that someone has a problem, prophesy shows their potential). But I am finished for the moment.
 
Stephen T. 




No comments:

Post a Comment