Thursday, January 19, 2017

A farewell salute

As I write this I realize many of you will disagree with this, but I am okay with that.

This post is a salute to outgoing President Barack Obama.

President Obama,

I disagreed with many of your policies and actions over the past 8 years. However any idiot can point out a persons flaws, and while I disagree with you on a fundamental level politically and ideologically, I want to thank you for leading this nation over the past 8 years. The position you held in not one easy to be in, as you had a nation's worth of responsibility. In your position there are many difficult choices to be made, and I do not envy your responsibility. I would like to thank you for the value you continued to give your family while in office. In a nation where fatherlessness is paramount, you led your family well. You also were the first of your ethnic background to obtain our highest office, and I congratulate you on that.  I wish the best to you and your family as you move on to what is next for you.


I write this, not because I am some star struck millennial, but because honor should be shown to one's leaders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment